Tuesday 9 June 2015

The Ringwood Triathlon 2015

The 12th of April saw the start of my 2015 triathlon season at The Ringwood Triathlon. 
This is a local event for me but always features some hit competition from keen athletes looking for an early season test of fitness. The format is rather unconventional with a 600m pool swim followed by a 28 mile cycle and finished with a slightly short 10k run.
I put a lot of time in pool over the winter and it paid off as I exited the pool and T1 in the lead with a combined time of 8:40.

Onto the bike course and some familiar training roads. The course is rolling and scenic with a few nasty climbs but I managed to stay out in the lead which was a pleasant surprise as I rolled into T2 without having any issues in a time of 1:15. I quickly racked my bike, put my trainers on and headed off for the run. As I saw the second placed rider coming down the road headed for T2, I relaxed into my stride,  knowing I'm onto my strongest discipline feeling confident I can stay away. The run follows a flat mainly road based course around the surrounding villages and country lanes; as I finished my loop and headed back towards the finish a small crowd of supporters had formed and this reminds me why I love to race. I crossed the line with a run split of 32:28 and an overall winning time of 1:57:06, 6 minutes clear of second place.



No comments:

Post a Comment